Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Chipped Tooth

The "terrible twos" rear their ugly head every now and again with our Miss Gretchen. She's a good girl but every once in a while, she does not want her diaper changed. I don't know why. I don't pretend to understand it. Anyway, this weekend she had a full SWIM diaper - I knew it right away so I was trying to pick her up to change it. She wasn't with the program and pulled away from me and hit her mouth on the patio chair. Did I mention it's metal? Sigh..... There was very little blood and it seemed like just her tooth had chipped. I still ended up crying about it since it happened under my watch. And someone should be held responsible for this completely random accident! Steve took her to the dentist yesterday and found out it's fractured in a few places. We're waiting to see if the tooth will make it. Honestly, I don't know how I'm going to survive the rest of her childhood! She's had stitches (cut chin), surgery (ear tubes), and now a chipped tooth all before the age of two! One highlight - Gretchen is pretty good for all these doctor's visits - she for the most part is calm for every trip to the doctor, acute care clinic, dentist, etc. Thank Goodness for that! Hopefully she'll make it in one piece to her 2nd birthday - we're having a party for her again this year. It should be fun!

No comments: