Friday, August 21, 2009

All Grown Up!

Today is Gretchen's last day at her current daycare.  On Monday she starts a different place that has a preschool curriculum.  We hate leaving but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  Gretchen loves her current teacher so I think the transition might be hard but she would have moved to a new room next week regardless of what school or daycare we're going to.  I was always worried that I would envy the people who my child bonded with at daycare but instead I'm relieved.  I feel good that there is someone at school that she trusts and cherishes (and I'm not overdoing it when I say cherish....  she loves her teacher).  We met the new teachers a few weeks ago and one of them said something that I can really relate to...  She said kids want to please their teachers...almost even more than there parents so they are in a very meaningful position to teach respect, discipline, kindness, etc. to our young ones.  I just hope every year we get someone who understand this and takes it seriously and respectfully.

No comments: