Monday, July 14, 2008

Feverish Summer

This weekend, in my infinite wisdom, had a slumber party. We were "babysitting" my 11 year old niece so I thought it would be a good idea to have Steve's best friends' kids (8 yr old girl and 6 yr old boy) to stay as well to keep my niece company. What I didn't count on was Gretchen getting hand foot mouth disease and spending 70% of the time in my lap. She did perk up once in a while when the Motrin would break the fever but it was not nearly as fun for her as I had hoped. Plus, I am hoping the kids did not catch it since we didn't know what was wrong with her until everyone left. She is taking antibiotics for an ear infection so we thought it was just that.... But when Steve woke me up in the middle of the night early Sunday, Gretchen's 104 fever freaked both of us out. We were sponge bathing her until the Motrin kicked in! Thank God for Children's Motrin!

Anyway, today she is much better. Acting like joyous, mischievous self! Hopefully that means the worst is over for her. I can't believe we're having more kids.... I don't look forward to the bugs and illnesses they will get......

No comments: